Translation of Educational Certificates

We at Docsbase offer expert document translation, legalisation, and apostille services. We have fully staffed offices in Ireland, the UK, Switzerland, and the US, as well as a worldwide network of fully certified translators and localisation experts to call upon.

We are called upon to translate diplomas, training certifications, and documentation of membership in professional groups, or otherwise make them usable in countries other than those in which they were issued.

What is Certified Translation?

Certified translation is a very important part of the document legalisation process, but it is also a commonly needed stand-alone service. The whole point of providing a certified translation is to give the officials at a university, business or government body a translation of the content of a document that they know they can trust to be accurate and genuine.

Each country (and sometimes each organisation you’ll be dealing with) might have a separate set of standards that they will accept as a certified translation. This can cause many problems, but Docsbase has a great experience dealing with these bodies. We can ensure that your documents are translated and certified in ways that make them accepted quickly and without hassle.

Why is Certified Translation So Important for Professional and Educational Documents?

Most of the world’s governments accept the validity of a degree offered by an accredited university in another country, of course. Likewise, many professional accreditation bodies are truly international in scope. A doctor or an accountant trained in China or India can practice in Ireland or England with little trouble, for example.

However, you can’t just show a UK immigration official or a university in Glasgow a diploma from a university in Beijing, even if it has been properly apostilled. They’ll understand that it is authentic, but they may not be able to read it. Officials can’t make practical use of these documents unless they can understand the content, as well as trust the authenticity of the original.

That is what certified translation is really for. It makes sure that a reader in another country can understand the content of your documents, and trust that it has been translated accurately and honestly without question. This is how we make sure your documents are accepted quickly.

When Might I Need Certified Translation of Professional or Educational Documents?

The most common scenarios in which our clients need to have educational documents or professional certificates translated are probably when going through the Visa process or being accepted for a job or university position.

If you are seeking work or a student visa to Ireland or the UK, for example, you can expect to turn in a great deal of paperwork from your home country. If it is a country where the official language is English, you may find the process easier. Most of the time, however, there will be a practical requirement to have all or most of those documents translated and to have the translations certified.

If you are seeking employment or a university position – either from a country that presents no visa concerns or after qualifying for a visa.

Docsbase can provide certified translations of all such documents, as well as provide a range of related visa or document legalisation services.

What Types of Educational Documents are Commonly Translated?

We are regularly called upon to deliver certified translations of:

  • Diplomas and Training Certificates
  • Higher Degree Certificates
  • University Transcripts
  • School Leaving Certificates
  • CVs
  • GCSE and A-Level Certificates
  • CAPM and Project Management Certifications
  • CBAP and Business Analyst Certifications
  • HVAC, Plumbing and other Skilled Trade Certifications
  • CPA, CFA and Accounting Certifications
  • Legal Certifications

How Does Docsbase Actually Conduct Certified Translation?

The exact process of certified translation varies, of course. Each country has its own standards that must be followed to the letter, and sometimes the actual businesses or government bodies that need the documents will have special requirements of their own. At Docsbase, we have taken the time to learn all of these standards, and have both the skill and working relationships needed to ensure that your documents are certified and legalised to the precise standards of the body that will be using them.

In civil law countries, for example, you must often use an officially recognised translator if you hope to have your documents recognised by the courts or government agencies. Sometimes, this can work in your favour, as a sworn translator can self-certify their work, without it then having to be notarised, apostilled, etc.

In countries like the UK, things are more complicated. Because there is no one single standard for what constitutes an acceptable certified translation, each organisation develops its own standards independent of the rest.

It is the expertise that we bring to the table that can really make a difference for you. This is why you should only use a skilled, experienced document legalisation and translation company like Docsbase, whenever you need to use documents in a foreign country. Our team has a deep understanding of the policies and standards that organisations all over the world operate under. They have spent years working closely with many of the officials who actually make these determinations. This lets us provide you with the kind of fast, reliable service that you need to achieve your goals.